Quotes on Politics and Current Affairs (older quotes 2000-2017)
· Chile’s social upheaval leaves presidential race wide open, Financial Times, August 2, 2021.
· Chile Elects Left-Leaning Assembly to Replace Dictatorship-Era Constitution, Wall Street Journal, May 17, 2021.
· As a Latin American populist shores up support, some see challenge for Biden, Christian Science Monitor, March 9, 2021.
· Chile populists challenge elite as voters seek new direction, Financial Times, January 4, 2021.
· Chile Votes to Change Pinochet-Era Constitution; Referendum sets in motion a two-year process to draft a new charter in Chile, Wall Street Journal, October 26, 2020.
· Can a new constitution solve Chile's old problems?, CNN, October 23, 2020.
· Chilean Protesters Burn Churches, Loot StoresAhead of Constitutional Referendum; Thousands of people gathered in Santiago on anniversary of last year's antigovernment demonstrations, Wall Street Journal, October 21, 2020.
· Chile y la Constitución: modelo neoliberal "contra las cuerdas" Deutsche Welle, October 12, 2020.
· Donald Trump amenaza con "patear el tablero" mientras recalcula su campaña, Diario Perfil, July 31, 2020.
· “In Pandemic-Hit Chile, Lawmakers to Vote on Early Access to Retirement Savings; Measure would undermine President Sebastián Piñera's efforts to stabilize economy, experts say”, Wall Street Journal, July 23, 2020.
· Chile’s coronavirus outbreak helps revive Piñera’s fortunes, Financial Times, April 22, 2020.
· Zahubí koronavírus brazílskych domorodcov? Pravda (Czech Republic), April 8, 2020.
· Chile is preparing to rewrite its constitution. Why are people still protesting?, Washington Post, February 2, 2020.
· Latin America, Hit by Slower Growth, Braces for More Instability, Wall Street Journal, January 20, 2020.
· Donald Trump y el espejo de Bill Clinton, Télam, December 14, 2019.
· Chile staggers towards a new constitution, The Economist, November 21, 2019.
· Three decades into democracy, Chile reckons with inequality, Christian Science Monitor, November 6, 2019.
· Roundtable: Social Uprisings Sweep Middle East, Latin America, National Public Radio, November 2, 2019.
· Chile Protesters' Grievances Grow, Rattling Government, Wall Street Journal, October 28, 2019.
· Krv, Smrt I Suze Latinske Amerike Val nasilja čiji je uzrok politička korupcija prelijeva se iz države u državu: Je li to početak globalne revolucije, Jutarnji list (Croatia), October 27, 2019.
· Protestas, un acertijo complejo, El Tiempo (Colombia), October 27, 2019.
· Las causas detrás de las masivas protestas que conmocionan a América Latina, Sputnik News, October 26, 2019.
· O Chile no olho do furacão, Epoca (Brazil), October 25, 2019.
· La crisis que pasa factura a Chile, El Colombiano, October 25, 2019.
· La clase media se cansó de hacer la fila y quiere entrar a la fiesta, Rio Negro (Argentina), October 25, 2019.
· Is boom, then slump, behind fiery Latin American protests?, Star Tribune, October 24, 2019.
· How did a protest over transport fares snowball into an uprising over Chile's future?, ABC News, Australia, October 23, 2019.
· A beacon of stability, now in turmoil, Washington Post, October 22, 2019.
· Cientista político diz que governo chileno não soube agir para conter protestos, Money Report (Brazil), October 22, 2019.
· Chile Is 'At War' Its President Says, as Continuing Clashes Leave 12 Dead, Time Magazine, October 22, 2019.
· What You Need to Know About the Unrest in Chile, New York Times, October 21, 2019.
· Inequality in ‘stable’ Chile ignites the fires of unrest, Financial Times, October 21, 2019.
· Chile on edge as worst unrest in three decades claims 11 lives, The Guardian, October 21, 2019.
· Two Communist Lawmakers Are Suddenly Setting the Agenda in Chile, Bloomberg News, August 20, 2019.
· Patricio Navia: “Camila Vallejo ha sido mucho más exitosa que todo el aparato del Gobierno en comunicar un mensaje” CNN Chile, August 19, 2019.
· El campo nacional y popular se acomoda en América Latina, Diario Perfil (Argentina), August 20, 2019.
· World Court ruling on Bolivia sea access could force Chile to negotiate, Reuters, September 27, 2018.
· Pinochet Family Ordered to Return Part of His Illicit Wealth, Bloomberg, August 26, 2018.
· Bitter Taste Remains as Corruption Scandals Fizzle Out in Chile, Bloomberg, July 13, 2018.
· ‘World Upside Down’: As Trump Pushes Tariffs, Latin America Links Up, New York Times, March 18, 2018.
· Chile could become Latin America’s first developed country by 2025 — or not, Miami Herald, March 9, 2018.
· U.S. Allies Sign Sweeping Trade Deal in Challenge to Trump, New York Times, March 8, 2018. Las denuncias por abusos en la Iglesia amenazan la visita del Papa a Chile, Diario Perfil, January 14, 2018.
· El Banco Mundial en la cuerda floja, Sputnik News, January 16, 2018.
· Bachelet’s trip to Cuba was shameful, and a blow to Latin America’s democratic left, Miami Herald, January 10, 2018.